What does Parent Co-op mean to us?
Families at The Family Cooperative are deeply engaged in the school community. Because many of our students have parents who work, we offer a flexible range of jobs to meet the needs of our diverse group of families. In addition, both our work days and fundraising events are crucial to the financial sustainability of our school. Lastly, we typically have two to three community meetings per year, all providing important information about the education and care of your child.
- Every family is assigned one “parent job” – chosen by the director based on parent experience, skills, and preferences
- Participate in at least one on-site work day to help with classroom and school maintenance
- Participate in the planning of at least one fundraising event, and attend all others
- Attend community meeting twice in the year
- Willow, Maple, and Chestnut Room families sign up to bring in snack for the whole classroom for 4-6 weeks in the year